SUMMARY: With supervision, coordinates educational
programs for a designated group of academic students with visual impairment.
1.Teaches visually impaired, deaf/blind, and/or students with
multiple disabilities on an individual and group basis in their
2. Provides direct care to assigned students which may require the
ability to stand and walk frequently with little opportunity to sit
during the course of a standard work day.
3. Implements established daily student schedules, as assigned under
the directive of case manager and/or lead program assistant which may
require the ability to physically handle and assist other persons in
the performance of daily activities and an involve bending, stooping,
kneeling, crawling, etc.
4. Coordinating service:
- Manages classroom resources.
- Coordinates data collection and recording.
1. Operates motor vehicle for community experiences.
2. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Assignments are on an on-call basis.
Assignments are usually made on a daily basis at 7 hours per day, as
needed, with a 30 minute or 55 minute unpaid break time per day (break
varies with the position for the day). Some assignments are scheduled
in advance; some are morning of.
Pay: $14.00 for Paraeducator and $14.56 for Teacher
1. General knowledge of education principles, practices, and procedures.
2. Minimum of Bachelor's degree required for Teacher Substitute;
Associates degree, 48 college credits, or ParaPro assessment required
for Paraeducator Substitute.
3. Must be at least 21 years of age.
4. MSB requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against
the COVID-19 virus by date of hire, with exceptions for approved
medical or religious accommodations, in order to safeguard the
health of our students, employees and their families from COVID-19
to the greatest extent possible.