: With supervision, assumes responsibility for the
daily operation of a residential cottage program.
- Manages human, fiscal and material resources within dorm/cottage.
- Ensures programs are implemented and data collected as committed
- Supports, trains and develops staff.
- Completes performance appraisals on staff.
- Ensures cross shift management, coverage, and consistency of programs.
- Ensures students' residential IEP compliance (attend meetings,
write goals/objectives and progress reports, input into electronic
- Ability to push and pull in excess of 100 pounds, and to lift up
to 35 pounds without assistance.
Work Schedule: 40 afternoon/evening hours, Sunday
through Thursday with no scheduled meal break; flextime within the
work day, work week and during times when school is not in session is
frequently required. This position follows the standard 11 month
Knowledge, skills and general abilities:
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. In lieu
of degree, applicants with 3-5 years of related residential
experience and a current RCYCP certification may be considered,
contingent upon enrollment in a higher degree program within 6
months of employment.
- 1-3 years of experience leading staff in a residential program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of residential care theory and practice,
and its application to educating and training students with multiple
disabilities and visual impairments including blindness.
- Comprehensive knowledge of health and safety standards as applied
to residential programs and facilities.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- MSB requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against the
COVID-19 virus by date of hire, with exceptions for approved medical
or religious accommodations, in order to safeguard the health of our
students, employees and their families from COVID-19 to the greatest
After six months in this position, the
employee is required to have:
- Certification in CPR & first aid
- Completion of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training.
- Residential Child and Youth Care Practitioner Certification.