Summary: With supervision, provides safety and
security services in compliance with MSB policies to support campus
safety and provide protection of students, staff and personal property.
1. Daily rounds of campus facilities and grounds.
2. Continuous campus patrols by vehicle and on foot.
3. Secures and opens facility in accordance to school schedule and as
needed for special functions.
4. Completes and submits Daily Security Log Report.
5. Completes Incident Reports and makes notifications as required.
6. Responds to campus emergencies including, but not limited to, fire
alarms, illnesses, evacuations and utility failures.
7. Assists staff with safety drills and evacuations.
8. Reports safety hazards.
9. Enforces all campus traffic and parking rules.
10. Performs job responsibilities in accordance with the procedures
contained in the security manual.
11. Assists staff with students, if requested.
12. Maintains vehicles and equipment.
13. Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
Performance Standard: Must remain alert and attentive
while employing sound judgment in the performance of assigned duties
100% of the time.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week; Mon through Fri,
5am – 1pm. Hours subject to change. This position follows the standard
twelve-month school calendar and is benefits eligible. Additional
hours or flextime may be required on an infrequent basis.
1. Must be 21 years of age.
2. Requires a Class "C" driver's license with a driving
record compatible with School standards.
3. Requires a High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree
or higher preferred. May be able to substitute related experience for degree.
4. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to collaborate and communicate with local law enforcement agencies.
5. Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals with an
emphasis on customer service.
6. Ability to function independently and be able to make sound
judgment decisions. Requires a high level of confidentiality.
7. Prior experience in a leadership role preferred.
8. Proficient computer and technology skills covering email, word
processing and spreadsheets. High degree of technology competency preferred.
9. Demonstrated ability to sit, stand and walk for extended periods
of time in all types of extreme weather conditions; ability to climb
stairs in the event of an emergency.
10. Ability to achieve CPR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within
six months and maintain certifications.
11. General knowledge of standard safety and security procedures;
previous experience in the armed services, law enforcement, security,
firefighting, EMT or related field preferred.
12. MSB requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against
the COVID-19 virus by the date or hire, with exceptions for approved
medical or religious accommodations, in order to safeguard the health
of our students, employees and their families from COVID-19 to the
greatest extent possible.