SUMMARY: With supervision, provides administrative
services to the MIRC & Outreach Department and coordinates the
scheduling of on and off campus service delivery, and the maintenance,
retrieval, storage, and dissemination of student related information
using special education software.
- Performs standard office secretarial and office reception duties
for the MIRC & Outreach Department.
Assists with scheduling the School's diagnostic, preadmission
evaluations, and low vision clinic appointments.
- Types and designs general correspondence, memos, charts, tables,
- Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making
- Filing and file retrieval.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volume of information.
- Ensures various timelines are met.
Assists with arranging parent and county workshops.
Manages billing process for MIRC invoices.
- Manages requests for records for evaluations.
Manages MIRC & Outreach database and records.
- Processes invoices for vendors.
- Processes bills for LSS’s.
- Follows up with billing issues.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: Video display terminal, keyboard,
printer, multiline telephone, copy machine, fax machine, motor
vehicle, video recording equipment.
Performance Standard: Accurately and effectively
represents MSB services when interacting with local education agencies
and other service agencies 100% of the time. Ensures that information
disseminated is accurate and timely and that services are scheduled
reliably and appropriately.
Work Environment: Indoor environments on and off
campus with varying sound, lighting and temperature conditions.
Work Schedule: 22.5 daytime hours per week, falling
within Mon-Fri (specific schedule TBD). Flextime within the workweek
is occasionally required. Additional weekend work may be required.
This position has an annual twelve-month schedule.
Pay Rate: $15/hour
Knowledge, skills, and general abilities:
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Basic knowledge of computer operations and software applications,
- Comprehensive knowledge of available School services and programs,
computerized data processing systems, filing and record maintenance.
- General knowledge of customer service concepts and human relations skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of workload organizing and prioritizing techniques.
- General knowledge in the area of compliance with State and Federal
regulations for Special Education.
- Maryland driver's license with a driving record compatible with