SUMMARY: With supervision, performs daily, thorough
housekeeping/Custodian tasks throughout the assigned buildings.
- Cleans and sanitizes public and student living areas including,
classrooms, offices, staff lounges, kitchens, playrooms, staff/guest
living areas, bathrooms/public restrooms, common areas, dormitories
furnishings, floors, carpeting, appliances, and other hard surfaces
on a daily basis.
- Orders, stocks, inventories and distributes dormitory cleaning
supplies and consumables.
- Performs major spring-cleaning on an annual basis.
- Stocks, inventories & distributes dormitory linen supplies,
launders clothes, makes beds, and collects & disposes of trash.
- Cleans and disinfects areas soiled by accidents (urine, blood,
feces, vomit, food, etc.)
- Provides substitute and backup housekeeping service to other buildings.
- Transfers to the custodial team when school is not in session.
- Completes set-ups and breakdowns and moves furnishings as necessary.
- Assures building security and reports repairs as needed (including urgency).
- Replaces bulbs, tightens screws & bolts, and makes minor
- May be required to remove snow and use deicer at main entrances
and handicap ramps of buildings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 40 daytime hours (10am-6:30pm), Monday
- Friday with daily 1/2 hour unpaid lunch; flextime or additional
hours required infrequently. This position follows an 11-month
schedule. Substitute (on-call) positions are also available.
Pay Rate: $12.50/hour