SUMMARY: With supervision, provides workload
assistance to the Human Resources Department.
1. Assists Human Resources department with document filing, volunteer
coordination, benefits administration, employee record keeping,
recruitment assistance, special events and projects.
2. Assures various compliance timelines are met.
3. Perform data entry for workers compensation claims and email
notification to all parties.
4. Tracking and entering background check results for new hires.
5. Processing check requests.
6. Processing Vision Plan reimbursement for covered employees.
7. Processing Unemployment claims.
8. Perform general administrative duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Hours TBD based on student’s
availability within the Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm timeframe
beginning in September and lasting throughout the fall semester. This
opportunity is unpaid, and must be used for credit.
Knowledge, skills and general abilities:
- General knowledge of word processing, document filing methods, use
and maintenance of office machines and equipment.
- Must be able to function in a highly confidential manner.
- Student studying Human Resources or related field in an
undergraduate or graduate program required. Internship must be
required for credit.
- MSB requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against the
COVID-19 virus by date of hire, with exceptions for approved medical
or religious accommodations, in order to safeguard the health of our
students, employees, and their families from COVID-19 to the
greatest extent possible.