The Maryland School for the Blind (MSB) offers
rewarding career opportunities to individuals seeking to contribute
and to grow with a school committed to helping children and young
adults who are blind, deafblind or low vision with or without other disabilities.
Effective July, 2022, the pay range for this position will
increase to $19.53-$23.31 commensurate with education and
experience. Immediate starts available for July and for the 2022-2023
school year. Full-time hires are also eligible for a sign on bonus of
up to $750! Apply now!
Full time positions include an array of benefits – medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, 403(b) retirement savings plan, professional
development, wellness programs, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement!
POSITION TITLE: Residential Aide
: With supervision, provides the residential program
to a designated group of students.
1. Provides direct care to students by:
a. Teaching daily living & leisure time use skills.
Implementing educational and therapeutic management programs.
Supervising assigned students during routine and non-routine
d. Participating with the students in recreational
e. Intervening in students’ emotional, behavioral,
and medical crises.
2. Collects data and prepares reports.
3. Participates in
meetings, in-services, and the case management team.
Maintains student equipment/personal belongings.
Work Schedule: 37.5 or 40 afternoon/evening
hours, Sunday through Thursday. Two 15 minute duty free
breaks scheduled each full workday; flextime within work day and work
week is occasionally required as is overtime. This position follows
a 10 or 11 month school schedule. An example of
work schedule is: Sun 5-10pm, Mon 1:30-11pm, Tues 2-10pm, Wed,
2:30-11:30pm, Thurs 1:30-10pm.
Pay Rate: Effective July 1, $19.53-$23.31
commensurate with education and experience.
Knowledge, skills, and general abilities:
1. General knowledge of residential care theory and practice, and its
application to educating and training students with multiple
disabilities and visual impairment/blindness.
2. Basic knowledge of health care and maintenance programs, personal
skills training methods, and behavior management techniques.
3. Requires AA degree; HS diploma with a minimum 2 years
related experience; or current RCYCP certification.
4. Basic knowledge of interdisciplinary team concept and the Case
5. Basic knowledge of programs for assigned students.
6. Maryland driver’s license.
7. Operate motor vehicles in relation to student trips and emergencies.
8. Must be at least 21 years of age.
9. MSB requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against
the COVID-19 virus by date of hire, with exceptions for approved
medical or religious accommodations, in order to safeguard the
health of our students, employees and their families from COVID-19
to the greatest extent possible.
Within six months in this position, the employee is required
1. Residential Child and Youth Care Practitioner Certification.
2. Successful completion of the Therapeutic Crisis Intervention Program.
3. Successful completion of the New Employee Orientation program.
4. General knowledge of interdisciplinary team concept and the Case
5. General knowledge of programs for assigned students.
6. 3-D driver approval.
7. CPR certification.