SUMMARY: With supervision, is responsible for
building and equipment maintenance and repairs, preventative
maintenance, snow removal and horticultural duties. Primarily performs
residential and commercial plumbing functions.
- Repairs, replaces and installs new piping on HVAC systems, hot
water heaters, storm water, domestic water, sanitary, gas, etc. in
both residential and commercial applications.
- Rebuilds circulating pumps, services low pressure heating
systems, and other associated equipment including control air
compressors, motorized valves and minor controls.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs, replacement, or
new installation to all domestic & HVAC systems.
- Performs service work and preventative maintenance on other
equipment throughout the school including commercial and
residential kitchen, laundry, refrigeration and shop equipment.
- Renders other types of repairs, installations, or maintenance
as required to include general masonry and ceramics.
- Estimates materials needed for assigned projects; compiles
materials lists and places orders with suppliers (with
8. Performs snow and ice removal from all roads and sidewalks.
9. This position is deemed essential and must report during
emergencies and inclement weather, etc.
- May assist with grounds work including mowing and trimming.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and submits requests for materials needed.
- Maintains the campus, roads, and sidewalks free of litter and debris.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: A variety of hand, garden, snow
removal and power tools, test equipment and measuring devices. Some
Performance Standard: Must perform plumbing,
maintenance, and repair duties in a professional and timely manner
100% of the time.
Work Environment: Work in a variety of indoor and
outdoor environments with a variety of sound, lighting, and
temperature conditions. May be necessary
to work in confined spaces on an infrequent basis.
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday through
Friday, with a 30-minute unpaid lunch period. This position follows
the standard twelve-month school schedule. Additional hours or
flextime may be required on an infrequent basis.
Knowledge, skills and general abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a qualified Maintenance Plumber.
- General knowledge of plumbing theory, materials, installations,
- General knowledge of hand, power, and plumbing tool use.
- General knowledge of gas line materials.
- General knowledge of proper safety precautions and procedures
related to assigned work.
- Must have class C driver's license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to push and pull more than 100 pounds and lift up to 50 pounds.
After six months in this position, the employee is required to have:
- Basic knowledge of the School's HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES &
EMPLOYEE SAFETY PROGRAMS.
- Basic knowledge of the School's WRITTEN HAZARD COMMUNICATION PROGRAM.