: Provides excellent customer service to the
Maryland School for the Blind students and staff. With supervision, is
primarily responsible for the repair, maintenance and installation for
all campus commercial HVAC/R equipment to include air handlers, split
systems, air cooled chillers, boilers, water heaters, heat pumps,
circulating pumps, refrigeration equipment, electric, pneumatic and
DDC controls at the journeyman level. This position also operates the
campus energy management system and is considered emergency essential.
- Performs troubleshooting, repairs, replacement, new installation
and maintenance to all HVAC/R systems.
- Operates the Siemens Computerized DDC Building Automation system.
Vendor specific training will be provided.
- Maintains related HVAC/R parts inventory.
- Maintains personal and professional recordation via the school’s
computerized maintenance management system.
- Assists other tradesman when necessary in the areas of but not
limited to, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, etc.
- Responsible for assisting with snow removal coordination.
1. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: A variety of test equipment and
measuring devices, power and hand tools as required for
troubleshooting and repairing commercial HVAC/R equipment.
Occasionally operates grounds and snow removal tools, and some heavy
machinery as needed.
Performance Standard: Perform all assignments in a
safe, professional, and timely manner 100% of the time.
Work Environment: Multiple indoor/outdoor
environments with a variety of lighting and temperature conditions to
include extreme heat and cold. Works from ladders, scaffolding and
genie lifts which may be in excess of 20 feet.
Work Schedule: 40 daytime hours, Monday through
Friday with daily 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break. Overtime is required on
an occasional basis. This position follows a twelve-month work
schedule. This position is considered on-call during non-work hours.
Knowledge, skills and general abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience. Maryland State HVAC/R
Journeyman’s License preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial HVAC/R systems.
- CFC universal certification required.
- Capable of troubleshooting malfunctioning systems using schematic
drawings, wiring diagrams, and blueprints.
- General knowledge of the use and application of hand power tools
in all of the above areas.
- General knowledge of standard repair, replacement, installation,
and maintenance procedures in electrical, pneumatics, plumbing,
solder & brazing as it relates to repairing HVAC/R systems.
- General knowledge of proper safety precautions and procedures
related to assigned work.
- General knowledge of various building automation systems.
- Requires a class "C" driver's license and a driving
record compatible with School standards.
- Ability to push and pull more than 100 pounds and lift up to 50 pounds.
- General Microsoft computer skills.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalency required.
After six months in this position, the employee is required to have:
- First Aid & CPR Certification
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification