SUMMARY: With direction, performs cash
receipt and disbursement functions, billing and other specifically
assigned finance department accounting activities.
- Manage accounts payable functions and prepares cash disbursements
documentation. Assist with year-end closing and accruals.
- Speak regularly with vendors concerning payments, pricing,
contract renewal, and others.
- Manage Local School System contracts.
- Manage credit card accounts and billings.
- Receive cash receipts and prepare deposits, including donations
and miscellaneous cash receipts. Review and sign cash receipts
forms from Bookkeeper. Receive payments from Local School Systems
for Maryland Information Resource Center billings and reconcile
payments to invoices.
- Monitors and reconcile petty cash and snack program cash.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: Computer, telephone, copy machine,
fax machine, shredder, and calculator.
Performance Standard: Timely and accurate completion
of cash receipts and disbursement and assigned duties.
Work Schedule: 37 1/2 daytime hours, Monday through
Friday with daily 1 hour unpaid lunch. Overtime may be required
occasionally. This position follows a twelve-month work schedule.
Knowledge, skill and general abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting procedures, reconciliations,
- Ability to manage data entry and accounting processes and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 2-3 years in relevant experience.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and as part of a team.
- Ability to treat information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to determine when to confer with supervisor on non-routine problems.
- Knowledge of computer operation - Excel, Word, Outlook required;