: Coordinates and manages education related
programs and services that are provided to support students who are
blind and visually impaired placed in their local school systems to
include information and referral services, diagnostic and prescriptive
services, development and provision of educational materials and
direct contractual services.
- Provides leadership and supervision of statewide outreach services
and the instructional resource center.
- Conducts statewide needs assessments to determine the support
requirements for successfully educating students who are blind and
visually impaired within local public school systems.
- Develops and evaluates outreach services to meet identified needs
of students who are blind and visually impaired based on the needs
- Designs and implements summer and weekend programs for local
school system and MSB students with particular focus on expanded
core curriculum topics and other priority needs.
- Supervises the admissions application process for students to be
enrolled at The Maryland School for the Blind.
- Coordinates, supervises, trains and evaluates personnel assigned
directly or indirectly to the outreach program.
- Develops a cost efficient annual budget to meet identified program needs.
- Manages specific service contracts with local school systems and
The Maryland State Department of Education.
- Develops strategies to enhance outreach services and the IRC.
- Serves on the MSB senior leadership team.
- Participation in the State Steering Committee on visually impaired
students. Representative liaison with the Maryland State Department
- Assumes special projects as assigned.
Work Schedule: 37 1/2 daytime hours, Monday through
Friday. This position follows the standard 12-month school schedule.
Additional hours and flexible weekly scheduling will be required.