MSB is pleased to offer a sign on bonus of up to $4000 to any Social
Worker that is hired by the school. Will discuss during the interview
process with qualified candidates!
SUMMARY: With supervision, provides clinical social
work services, as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provides appropriate social work services to the Outreach
department, including home and on-site visits, when needed.
- Conducts student psychosocial evaluations and family assessments.
- Manages a clinical caseload providing treatment, maintaining
records and statistics, participating in interdisciplinary
programming, and attending designated meetings.
- Provides support to families and community liaisons.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Equipment Used: Therapeutic games, playroom toys,
personal computer, telephone.
Performance Standard: Must consistently demonstrate
clinical competence in all areas of performance within recognized
Work Environment: Multiple indoor environments, on
and off campus, with a variety of sound, lighting, and temperature conditions.
Work Schedule: 28 daytime hours per week. Additional
time may be required for job completion. Flextime scheduling may
occur. This position has an annual 11-month schedule and is a split
position supporting the Local School Systems (LSS) through the
Outreach department and working directly with the MSB Social Work
department. This positions is benefits eligible.
Pay: Based on education and experience.
Knowledge, skills, and general abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of standards of Social Work practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of assessment techniques and treatment
modalities; normal and abnormal human development; and general
- General knowledge of children with developmental disabilities,
with an interest in autism preferred.
- Masters Degree in Social Work, with LCSW-C Maryland State Board of
Social Work Examiners licensure and a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience.
- MSDE School Social Work Certification preferred.
MSB requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against
the COVID-19 virus by the date or hire, with exceptions for
approved medical or religious accommodations, in order to
safeguard the health of our students, employees and their families
from COVID-19 to the greatest extent possible.
After six months in this position, the employee is required to have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of MSB policies and procedures
- General knowledge of: visual impairment/blindness relative to
social-emotional development, assessment, and treatment; behavioral
management techniques used with multiply handicapped students; IDEA
regulations and service implications.
- CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) Training completed.